10 Thoughts on the Hogs’ Loss
Y’all know my blood has run Razorback red since the day I was born and my Hogs (especially football) are in my DNA. I have this to say and then I’m finished with this whole ugly mess…
1. I would rather lose every game we ever play than sacrifice integrity and ethics. I still support and admire Jeff Long.
2. BP was fired for hiring his mistress, not for having one. It’s a good reminder that one person’s decisions can affect a lot of people for a long time. This goes for all of us.
3. JLS has done us no favors, but our options were pretty limited in April. He won’t be around for long.
4. There are 3 young men who are broken in body and spirit today. I pray for them and for their families more than I pray for our fans and a ranking.
5. I find it incredibly ironic that my phone coverage was pitiful yesterday at “AT&T Field”.
6. Football is supposed to be fun. It’s not supposed to cause fights and name-calling between fans of the same team. Be respectful of each other and support our players. They need us now in the middle of this debacle more than they have ever needed us before.
7. The atmosphere outside the stadium yesterday was better than the atmosphere inside the stadium.
8. I hope that we can pull it together and show up for the rest of the season. As for me and my house, we’ll be calling the Hogs and wearing our colors – no matter what.
9. As much as football matters to us, we can never forget that it is just a game. Despite the big ugly L on the schedule, we have to remember that it is not a health crisis, not a terminal diagnosis, not a sick child or an ailing parent. It is not a broken marriage or a crippling addiction. It is a game – a sport – entertainment and recreation.
10. As always… WPS!